Siirry pääsisältöön

Kidutettujen runoilijoiden tiedekunta

Kidutettujen runoilijoiden tiedekunta

Kirja- ja Taylor Swift -rakkauteni synteesin tuotoksena kasasin The Tortured Poets Department x kirjasuositukset -listauksen.

🤎🤍

🕯 The Tortured Poets Department 🕯


📜Fortnight
Cleopatra and Frakenstein (Coco Mellors)
“I was a functioning alcoholic till nobody noticed my new aesthetic”
“And no one here's to blame, but what about your quiet treason?”
“And for a fortnight there, we were forever”
“All my mornings are Mondays stuck in an endless February”
“I love you, it’s ruining my life”

📜 The Tortured Poets Department
The Secret History (Donna Tartt)
“You're in self-sabotage mode, throwing spikes down on the road
But I've seen this episode and still loved the show
Who else decodes you?”
“You left your typewriter at my apartment
Straight from the Tortured Poets Department
Who else decodes you?”

📜 My Boy Only Breaks His Favorite Toys
Julma prinssi (Holly Black)
“I'm queen of sand castles he destroys”
“There was danger in the heat of my touch
He saw forever so he smashed it up”

📜 Down Bad
Shadow and Bone (Leigh Bardugo)
“Did you really beam me up?
In a cloud of sparkling dust
Just to do experiments on
Tell me I was the chosen one
Show me that this world is bigger than us”
“For a moment, I knew cosmic love”
“Everything comes out teenage petulance”
“Like I lost my twin”

📜 So Long, London
Uusikuu (Stephenie Meyer)
“Pulled him in tighter each time he was drifting away
My spine split from carrying us up the hill”
“I stopped CPR, after all, it's no use
The spirit was gone, we would never come to”
“And you say I abandoned the ship
But I was going down with it”
“You swore that you loved me, but where were the clues?
I died on the altar waiting for the proof”
“And I'm just getting color back into my face
I'm just mad as hell 'cause I loved this place”

📜 But Daddy I Love Him
Epäilys (Stephenie Meyer)
“Now I'm running with my dress unbuttoned
Screaming, ‘But Daddy, I love him!
I'm having his baby’
No, I'm not, but you should see your faces”
“I'll tell you something right now
I'd rather burn my whole life down
Than listen to one more second of all this bitching and moaning”
“Now I'm dancing in my dress in the sun, and
Even my daddy just loves him
And oh my God, you should see your faces
I'm his lady”

📜 Fresh Out The Slammer
Ruin and Rising (Leigh Bardugo)
“Now, pretty baby, I'm runnin' back home to you
Fresh out the slammer, I know who my first call will be to”
“But it's gonna be alright, I did my time”
“As I said in my letters, now that I know better
I will never lose my baby again”
“Ain't no way I'm gonna screw up, now that I know what's at stake
Here
At the park where we used to sit on children's swings
Wearing imaginary rings
But it's gonna be alright, I did my time”

📜 Florida!!!
Juhlat Malibussa (Taylor Jenkins Reid)
“Barricaded in the bathroom with a bottle of wine
Well, me and my ghosts, we had a hell of a time
Yes, I'm haunted, but I'm feeling just fine”
“And your cheating husband disappeared”
“Little did you know, your home's really only the town you'll get arrested
So you pack your life away”

📜 Guilty as Sin?
Daisy Jones & The Six (Taylor Jenkins Reid)
“I dream of cracking locks
Throwing my life to the wolves or the ocean rocks”
“I keep recalling things we never did”
“I keep these longings locked
In lowercase, inside a vault
Someone told me there's no such thing as bad thoughts
Only your actions talk”
“These fatal fantasies giving way to labored breath
Taking all of me, we've already done it in my head
If it's make-believe
Why does it feel like a vow we'll both uphold somehow?”

📜 Who’s Afraid of Little Old Me?
Salatun tiedon seura (Leigh Bardugo)
“If you wanted me dead
You should've just said
Nothing makes me feel more alive”
“I was tame, I was gentle till the circus life made me mean
Don't you worry, folks, we took out all her teeth
Who's afraid of little old me?
Well, you should be, you should be, you should be”

📜 I Can Fix Him (No Really I Can)
Kotiopettajattaren romaani (Charlotte Brontë)

“They shake their heads, saying, "God help her" when I
Tell 'em he's my man
But your good Lord doesn't need to lift a finger
I can fix him, no really I can
And only I can”

📜 loml
Normaaleja ihmisiä (Sally Rooney)
“Who's gonna stop us from waltzing back into rekindled flames
If we know the steps anyway?”
“If you know it in one glimpse, it's legendary
What we thought was for all time was momentary
Still alive, killing time at the cemetery
Never quite buried”
“It was unnecessary, should've let it stay buried”
“And I'll still see it until I die
You're the loss of my life”

📜 I Can Do It With a Broken Heart
Musta kuningatar (Walter Tevis)
“I can read your mind
‘She's having the time of her life’
There in her glittering prime
The lights refract sequin stars”
“Lights, camera, bitch, smile
Even when you want to die”
“I was grinning like I'm winning
I was hitting my marks
'Cause I can do it with a broken heart”
“'Cause I'm miserable!
And nobody even knows!”

📜 The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived
Suon villi laulu (Delia Owens)
“And I don't even want you back, I just want to know
If rusting my sparkling summer was the goal
And I don't miss what we had, but could someone give
A message to the smallest man who ever lived?”
“You didn't measure up
In any measure of a man”
“Were you sent by someone
Who wanted me dead?
Did you sleep with a gun underneath our bed?”
“I would've died for your sins
Instead I just died inside
And you deserve prison, but you won't get time”

📜 The Alchemy
Aina ja ikuisesti, Lara Jean (Jenny Han)

“This happens once every few lifetimes
These chemicals hit me like white wine”
“'Cause the sign on your heart said it's still reserved for me
Honestly, who are we to fight the alchemy?”

📜 Clara Bow
Evelyn Hugon seitsemän aviomiestä (Taylor Jenkins Reid)
“All your life, did you know
You'd be picked like a rose?”
“It's hell on earth to be heavenly”


🕯🖎 The Anthology 🕯🖎

📜 The Black Dog
The Rules of Magic (Alice Hoffman)
“I am someone who, until recent events
You shared your secrets with
And your location
You forgot to turn it off”
“I just don't understand
How you don't miss me”
“I move through the world with the heartbroken
My longings stay unspoken
And I may never open up the way I did for you”

📜 imgonnagetyouback
Puuvillatehtaan perijä (Ann-Christin Antell)
“And I'll tell you one thing, honey
I can tell when somebody still wants me, come clean”
“Whether I'm gonna be your wife or
Gonna smash up your bike, I
Haven't decided yet
But I'm gonna get you back”
“You'll find that you were never not mine
You're mine”

📜 The Albatross
Lumo (Riikka Pulkkinen)
“She's the albatross
She is here to destroy you”
“Wise men once said
‘One bad seed kills the garden’
‘One less temptress
One less dagger to sharpen’
Locked me up in towers
But I'd visit in your dreams”

📜 Chloe of Sam or Sophia or Marcus
Witcher -kirjat (Andrzej Sapkowski)
“If you want to break my cold, cold heart
Just say, "I loved you the way that you were"
If you want to tear my world apart
Just say you've always wondered”

📜 How Did It End?
Humiseva harju (Emily Brontë)
“We hereby conduct this post mortem”
“Our maladies were such we could not cure them
And so a touch that was my birthright became foreign”
“We were blind to unforeseen circumstances
We learned the right steps to different dances”
“Say it once again with feeling
How the death rattle breathing
Silenced as the soul was leaving
The deflation of our dreaming
Leaving me bereft and reeling
My beloved ghost and me
Sitting in a tree
D-Y-I-N-G”

📜 So High School
Pojille, joita joskus rakastin (Jenny Han)

“I feel so high school
Every time I look at you
I want to find you in a crowd
Just to hide from you”
“Bittersweet sixteen suddenly”
“Truth, dare, spin bottles
You know how to ball, I know Aristotle”

📜 Hate It Here
Bunny (Mona Awad)
“I hate it here so I will go to
Secret gardens in my mind
People need a key to get to
The only one is mine”
“I'm lonely, but I'm good
I'm bitter, but I swear I'm fine
I'll save all my romanticism for my inner life and I'll get lost on purpose
This place made me feel worthless
Lucid dreams like electricity, the current flies through me and in my fantasies I rise above it
And way up there, I actually love it”

📜 thanK you aIMee
Uuden nimen tarina (Elena Ferrante)
“All that time you were throwin' punches
I was buildin' somethin'
And I can't forgive the way you made me feel”
“I built a legacy that you can't undo
But when I count the scars
There's a moment of truth
That there wouldn't be this
If there hadn't been you”

📜 I Look in People’s Windows
Keskiyön aurinko (Stephenie Meyer)
“I had died the tiniest death
I spied the catch in your breath”
“I look in people's windows
Transfixed by rose golden glows”
“You had stopped and tilted your head
I still ponder what it meant”
“I tried searching faces on streets
What are the chances you'd be
Downtown, downtown, downtown”

📜 The Prophecy
Kirke (Madeline Miller)
“I guess a lesser woman would've lost hope”
“Don't want money
Just someone who wants my company
Let it once be me”
“A greater woman stays cool
But I howl like a wolf at the moon
And I look unstable”
“A greater woman has faith
But even statues crumble if they're made to wait
I'm so afraid I sealed my fate
No sign of soulmates”

📜 Cassandra
Greek Myths: A New Retelling (Charlotte Higgins)
“I was in my tower weaving nightmares
Twisting all my smiles into snarls”
“So they killed Cassandra first
'Cause she feared the worst
And tried to tell the town”

📜 Peter
Peter Pan (J. M. Barry)
“You said you were gonna grow up
Then you were gonna come find me”
“And I won't confess that I waited
But I let the lamp burn
As the men masqueraded
I hoped you'd return”
“Lost to the Lost Boys chapter of your life
Forgive me, Peter, please know that I tried
To hold onto the days when you were mine
But the woman who sits by the window has turned out the light”

📜 The Bolter
Sonja O. kävi täällä (Anja Kauranen)
“Excellent fun till you get to know her
Then she runs like it's a race”
“Ended with the slam of a door
Then he'll call her a whore
Wish he wouldn't be sore
But as she was leaving
It felt like breathing”

📜 Robin
Pikku naisia (Louisa May Alcott)
“You have no room in your dreams for regrets
You have no idea
The time will arrive for the cruel and the mean
You'll learn to bounce back just like your trampoline
But now we'll curtail your curiosity
In sweetness”
“Way to go, tiger
Higher and higher
Wilder and lighter
For you”

📜 The Manuscript
Kadonneen lapsen tarina (Elena Ferrante)
“Now and then she re-reads the manuscript
Of the entire torrid affair”
“And the years passed like scenes of a show
The professor said to write what you know
Looking backwards might be the only way
To move forward”
"Now and the I re-read the manuscript
But the story isn't mine anymore"

🤎🤍

Kommentit

Tämän blogin suosituimmat tekstit

Babel: mystinen kertomus indeed

Babel ja Babel Kääntämisen problematiikasta i R.F. Kuangin Babel, or The Necessity of Violence: An Arcane History (2022) on perin vaikuttava teos. Suuren kokonsa ja sisällöllisen laajuutensa puolesta kirjaa voisi miltei sanoa eepokseksi, tai vähintään tiiliskiveksi. Kantensa perusteella romaani on kenties kaunein kirja, joka on kirjahyllyäni kuunaan koristanut. Kannen perusteella – ja The Book Leo -YouTube-kanavan – tahdoin sen alkujaan hankkiakin. Viime syksyn odotettujen kirjamessujen kynnyksellä odotin lisäksi innolla suomennosta kirjasta, joka lupaili dark academia -tunnelmaa sekä omaperäistä ja nerokasta, kääntämiseen linkittyvää taikuusjärjestelmää. Kun löysin messujen oman Babel -tornin halusin saada oman kappaleeni heti. Aloitin työlään ja pitkällisen lukuprojektin, jossa luin vuorotellen eli rinnakkain sekä häikäisevän kaunista alkuteosta, että lupaavaa ja kiehtovaa suomennosta. Tähän projektiin kului lopulta kolme kuukautta, sillä se eteni varsin epäsäännöllisin ajoin ja sik

Bridgerton: When He Was Toxic

  Bridgertonit Romanttisten tarinoiden epäromanttiset miehet Tiivistelmä Kirjoitin vuosi sitten kandidaatin tutkielmani Julia Quinnin Bridgerton -kirjasarjan osista 2, 3 ja 4. Tämä kirjoitus on konkreettinen esimerkki siitä, kuinka huonosti valittu kirjallisuuden kandidaatintyön tutkimuskohde voi saada opiskelijaparan vihaamaan niin kohdekirjallisuuttaan kuin koko kandidaatin tutkielmaansa. i: Prologi Jos joku jälkikäteen kysyy minulta miksi päädyin tutkimaan juuri ja nimenomaan Julia Quinnin sekundääriromansseja, en rehellisesti osaa vastata. Minulla oli tarve keksiä lennosta jokin aihe ja muovata siitä mieluinen. Epäonnekseni olin juuri aihevalintaa tehdessäni lukenut Bridgerton -kirjoja ja tartuin niihin kuin satunnaiseen puseroon vaatekaapin perukoilla. Se pusero vain sattui olemaan sellainen, jota ei voinut enää heittää takaisin. Kaikki alkoi tietenkin Netflixin Bridgerton -sarjasta, tuosta visuaalisesta satuloistosta, jonka juoni oli herkullinen ja hahmokaarti ilahduttava. Sain